How to use this website
- Click “Get Help” for services that you can access via telephone and online resource lists.
- Click “Aging in Alameda County” to find a wide range of resources, including data and reports. These are available to older adults, advocates, and other stakeholders to strengthen legislative agendas, develop grant proposals, and otherwise maintain or improve the quality of life for older adults in need. Resources include Issue Guides on special topics that concern older adults as well as links to other County, State and National resources.
- Click “Age-Friendly Efforts” for information about the County’s participation in the Global Network of Age Friendly Communities, as well as links to cities across the County that are developing their own Age-Friendly Communities; the Alameda County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Countywide Plan for Older Adults; and the Alameda County Council for Age Friendly Communities, which coordinates efforts to effect policy and system changes that enhance the overall well-being of older adults who live in Alameda County.
- Click “Get Involved” for ways to volunteer, learn about public policy and make your voice heard.
- Click "Contact Us" to let us know what you think about the website.
- Want to take action? Click here.
Alameda County Releases Updated Shelter-In-Place Order
February 01, 2021
On Monday, January 25, the California Department of Public Health announced the Bay Area region met criteria to lift the Regional Stay at Home Order. Alameda County issued a new Health Officer Order to align with the State's Blueprint for a Safer Economy for reopening activities. Alameda County is now in the Purple Tier. Click here for details regarding the updated shelter-in-place order.
Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD) launches new COVID-19 Vaccines web page
December 7, 2020
Click here for ACPHD’s new COVID-19 Vaccines webpage which provides updates and planning Information. New information will be added as it becomes available.
City of Fremont releases Age-Friendly 2020/21 Action Plan
November 25, 2020
City of Fremont’s Age-Friendly Fremont 2020/21 Action Plan describes the city’s current age-friendly status and a vision of how the community wants to guide its efforts into the near future.
Community Resiliency Workers Job Opportunity
November 25, 2020
The Alameda County Community Food Bank (ACCFB) is now hiring Community Resiliency Workers to help gather, package, store and distribute food to those in need or impacted by COVID-19. Food is distributed outdoors, through a drive-up method.
To apply by phone or for questions, contact Nina Scott at email@example.com or 510.372.0703
Emergency Rental Assistance in Unincorporated Alameda County
November 25, 2020
Centro Legal de la Raza is now accepting applications for the Alameda County Housing program and Keep Oakland Housed.
Alameda County Housing Secure provides emergency rental assistance to low-income renters in the unincorporated areas of Alameda County who have lost income or jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The application period is now open and will remain open until funds are exhausted or December 28, 2020.
Keep Oakland Housed provides rental assistance to tenants in the City of Oakland. The application period is now open and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information on these programs or to apply, please visit Centro Legal's Rental Assistance page.
Alameda County’s Age-Friendly efforts are developed and supported by a partnership among Alameda County Social Services Agency, Health Care Services Agency, and the Council for Age-Friendly Communities.