How to use this website
- Click “Get Help” for services that you can access via telephone and online resource lists.
- Click “Aging in Alameda County” to find a wide range of resources, including data and reports. These are available to older adults, advocates, and other stakeholders to strengthen legislative agendas, develop grant proposals, and otherwise maintain or improve the quality of life for older adults in need. Resources include Issue Guides on special topics that concern older adults as well as links to other County, State and National resources.
- Click “Age-Friendly Efforts” for information about the County’s participation in the Global Network of Age Friendly Communities, as well as links to cities across the County that are developing their own Age-Friendly Communities; the Alameda County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Countywide Plan for Older Adults; and the Alameda County Council for Age Friendly Communities, which coordinates efforts to effect policy and system changes that enhance the overall well-being of older adults who live in Alameda County.
- Click “Get Involved” for ways to volunteer, learn about public policy and make your voice heard.
- Click "Contact Us" to let us know what you think about the website.
- Want to take action? Click here.
Public Release of Older Adults Digital Needs Assessment Report
June 16, 2022The Alameda County Council for Age-Friendly Communities (Age-Friendly Council) is pleased to announce the results of the Older Adult Digital Needs Assessment Survey. This new report is available at Gaps In Equitable Access to Digital Resources Among Older Adults in Alameda County!
Older American Month and Elder Abuse Awareness Month PSAs
June 16, 2022
To commemorate Older Americans Month and World Elder Abuse Awareness Month, which is observed annually in May and June, the Alameda County Social Services Agency's Department of Adult and Aging Services (AAS) has launched a series of Public Service Announcements (PSAs) in both English and Spanish. See the below PSAs for information on the services and supports offered by AAS!
Alameda County Social Services Older Adults and Disabled Programs
Veterans Services PSA - English
PSA de Servicios para Veteranos
IHSS Provider Recruitment Chinese subtitles
Social Services Agency Legislative Convening Wednesday, July 13 2022
June 16, 2022
We are excited to invite you to the Annual Alameda County Social Services Agency (SSA) Legislative Convening. This year’s event will be held virtually on Wednesday, July 13 from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm. This event is an opportunity to learn from experts in the field of human services, engage with leaders from SSA’s community partners, share your vision, and propose policy solutions to support our diverse and resilient communities. Click here to register, or visit: https://whova.com/portal/registration/legis_202206
Alameda County Social Services Agency's Lobbies and Client Waiting Rooms Reopen Effective April 11, 2022
April 15, 2022
Effective April 11, 2022, Alameda County Social Services Agency's (SSA) lobbies and client waiting rooms will be open for full service. Appropriate social distancing and mandatory mask compliance will be enforced. The Eastmont Self-Sufficiency Center will remain closed until further notice.
Online services and telephone remain the most convenient ways to contact the SSA. Most SSA services are available to the public online and with a MyBenefitsCalWIN account, or by telephone. Many, if not most, of SSA's services do not require the public to take time to visit an office.
Depending on waiting room and lobby capacity limits, the SSA may restrict the number of clients allowed in the offices at any given time to ensure proper social distancing and adhere to Alameda County health and safety protocols.
Updated COVID-19 Masking Guidelines
March 4, 2022
The COVID-19 masking guidelines have changed. Please visit the Alameda County Public Health Department COVID-19 Masking & Face Coverings page for the most recent information.
Senior Services Coalition Forum: Report to Stakeholders
February 1, 2022
In December 2021, the Senior Services Coalition of Alameda County hosted Alameda County Perspectives: California Master Plan for Aging, a community forum. Over 130 community members and other stakeholders convened to examine the progress and local impacts of the Master Plan for Aging’s first year. Click here for the Forum Report to Stakeholders.
Alameda County’s Age-Friendly efforts are developed and supported by a partnership among Alameda County Social Services Agency, Health Care Services Agency, and the Council for Age-Friendly Communities.